Start date: 10/8/09
End date: 7/4/12
1. Go on 3 vacations outside of the state of Texas. 1/3 down with Playa del Carmen (see previous post).
2. Make a pie completely from scratch.
3. Have a baby.
4. Get back to pre-baby weight after having the baby.
5. Go to a live baseball game (Round Rock Express doesn't count).
6. Meet 2 more of our neighbors. Done! getting a puppy made this super easy!!
7. Paint at least 2 rooms in the house (hiring someone does count). This is done! I'll post pictures of this eventually...we painted our powder bath and our kitchen! wooohoo.
8. Write a blog every day for 5 consecutive days.
9. Make snow angels.
10. Pay off my car (that means we have to pay it off 1 year and 3 months earlier than needed).
11. Get wood floors for our house.
12. Eat at 10 new restaurants in Austin, TX. (6/10 - Mangiari's, Mesa Rosa, La Condesa, Asti, Ciola's, Torchy's Tacos...we're getting there...)
13. Plant flowers that last through an entire season in our front yard.
14. Go to the Austin Zoo.
15. Take 3 equipping classes at the Austin Stone. (1/3 - taking one right now).
16. Go on a marriage retreat.
17. Host Thanksgiving at our home.
18. Cook bacon at home for Jake 3 separate times. (2/3). The second time we got the healthy no nitrates one - it was peppered bacon. And it was delicious! I like bacon now. I don't think getting to 3 will be all too hard.
19. Read 3 books from beginning to end (don't laugh at how small that number is; we both don't like to read).
20. Go a full week without sweets.
21. Sleep more than 9 hours 2 days in a row.
22. Put up a Christmas tree in our house. Done! See it here.
23. Go camping. One time. I must sleep in a tent, not the car.
24. Finish the black and white picture collection in our game room.
25. Learn how to take professional pictures. This is in process....I got a nicer camera, so I'll get to taking professional pics soon!
26. Make cute cupcakes.
27. Go to a new winery. Done! See the post from May 31st. We went to Mandola's with my mom and dad and we loved it!
28. Get a video camera. Done! Got jake a Flip HD for Christmas :)
29. Drink hot cocoa at home with the fireplace going.
30. Quit our #1 bad habits; for Jake it's biting his fingers, and for me it's biting my lip.
31. Iron everything in the ironing basket so that it's empty for once. Yessss....Jake did this. All by himself!
32. Cook a recipe from Real Simple.
33. Watch Lord of the Rings with Jake from start to finish without falling asleep (just the first one).
34. Try bacon again (I've hated it for the past 8 or so years). Done! And I kinda liked it!
35. Give food/clothing/shelter to the homeless at least 20 times. (3/20)
36. Get a puppy. Done! Vince Norman joined our family in May 2010. He's quite the cutie. You'll love him!
37. Climb a tree.
So there you have it. Our failed attempt. It's the Norman 37 in 1001 :)
Wow...a baby? :)
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, coming up with 101 was hard, which is why I never posted mine. Perhaps I'll still post my half-finished list since y'all did as well.
i loved reading your list!! I hope you are doing well. Eric and I miss you a lot and we want to hang out soon.
ReplyDelete