Monday, September 7, 2009

Fall excitement continued...

I know I went on and on about the most wonderful season (Fall) in my previous post. This upcoming fall just got a tad bit more exciting for me and I just had to share...
Mainly because of two things:

1. Late last week, Jake and I went to Starbucks. And guess what we got??? Yes, Pumpkin Spice Lattes. Actually, I got a Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino and Jake got an ICED Pumpkin Spice Latte. DELICIOUS! Now it just needs to get about 30 degrees colder for me to get this yummy drink nice and hot. And you know what made these drinks even better? We paid for them with a gift card! Free Pumpkin Spice things = awesome!

2. I went shopping with my parents who were in town this Labor Day weekend, and I got something that made me very excited for fall. Im super pumped to decorate our new house with all things Thanksgiving/Christmas. However, I realized I have maybe 2 decorations for Fall time. So I set out to find something cute for the main door/entry. I almost got a cute pumpkin shaped sign that said "Welcome". My mom wasn't a fan of it, so like most things that my mom doesn't like, I opted not to go for it. Thank goodness I didn't. Pier 1 was our next stop, and look at what I found there:
A cool looking light up pumpkin! It doesn't get better than that for our mini front porch! Cute huh? I wanted to place it outside already, but my mom had to remind me that it's not quite Fall yet. Darn. In about 2 weeks, it will be out there though!

I must tell you, however, that Fall has now taken a tiny step back in my favorite season. You know what comes with Fall that I have not mentioned? ALLERGIES! Awful allergies! They are starting to get to me. Darn mold and ragweed and all that other stuff that's coming our way during this otherwise perfect season.

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. That pumpkin is so cute! I have been wanting to decorate our place as well, but I don't have any decorations. Sad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the joys of the Pumpkin Spice Frappucino (it's 96 here today...hard to have a latte when you've got the AC on full blast)! Sarah and I have already enjoyed two of these treats!

    ReplyDelete